Goodnight Moon

It's been a while since I've blogged a good hardy blog,
...it's been a very busy week....

But I say that with nothing but joy and graciousness. It's nice to be busy for a change, I'm not very good at being a bum. I find that my hands always have to be doing something, like sewing, drawing, playing my guitar, crocheting, and or designing.

Amidst the busyness of my week
I did manage to find a moment of solitude for myself.

{I'm disappointed that the picture quality sucks in these photos. I need both a better lens and a good hardy tripod for my camera. Also the light pollution didn't help much.}

There was a lunar eclipse Wednesday night so I slipped outside for a moment to bask in all it's mystery and enjoy the silence of night and of winter. During the course of the day there was a light frosting of snow ... so the ground was cold, and my feet were bare. {It was a really dumb idea to go outside like that, but I didn't want to miss the eclipse. }

Anywhos, I miss the moon ... I rarely notice the moon now a days.

During the summer time I always say goodnight to the moon before going to bed. I'm usually on our balcony {my favorite place in this house} either talking on the phone or simply basking in the pale moon light as the world around me falls asleep.

During the winter I'm usually trapped inside these four walls that keep me both warm and away from the beautiful night sky. It was a lovely site to see and it reminded me that I am but a very small part of all of God's creation.

goodnight moon.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I missed the lunar eclipse because since it was snowy earlier that day, I thought it would be too cloudy for me to see anything. But I did catch a glimpse of it on the nightly news and it was quite a sight =)